Recovery testing is a type of non-functional testing technique performed in order to determine how quickly the system can recover after it has gone through system crash or hardware failure. Recovery testing is the forced failure of the software to verify if the recovery is successful.
Recovery Plan – Steps:
- Determining the feasibility of the recovery process.
- Verification of the backup facilities.
- Ensuring proper steps are documented to verify the compatibility of backup facilities.
- Providing Training within the team.
- Demonstrating the ability of the organization to recover from all critical failures.
- Maintaining and updating the recovery plan at regular intervals.