GUI Testing is nothing but Testing the design of the application
Graphical User Interface (GUI) testing is the process of testing the system’s GUI of the System Under Test. GUI testing involves checking the screens with the controls like menus, buttons, icons, and all types of bars – tool bar, menu bar, dialog boxes and windows etc.
What do you Check in GUI Testing ?
The following checklist will ensure detailed GUI Testing.
- Check all the GUI elements for size, position, width, length and acceptance of characters or numbers. For instance, you must be able to provide inputs to the input fields.
- Check you can execute the intended functionality of the application using the GUI
- Check Error Messages are displayed correctly
- Check for Clear demarcation of different sections on screen
- Check Font used in application is readable
- Check the alignment of the text is proper
- Check the Color of the font and warning messages is aesthetically pleasing
- Check that the images have good clarity
- Check that the images are properly aligned
- Check the positioning of GUI elements for different screen resolution.