Executing a formal test or informal test cases to confirm the business requirements and to identify the defects is called Test Execution
Test execution is the process of executing the code and comparing the expected and actual results.
Test case. A collection of one or more test steps designed to exercise a small number of related test
Test step. A short action, such as entering a page of data, that produces a desired test condition.
Test condition. Some interesting situation in which we want to place the system under test for
purposes of looking for invalid behavior, response, and/or output.
Test suite. A collection of related test cases.
Following factors are to be considered for a test execution process:
- Based on a risk, select a subset of test suite to be executed for this cycle.
- Assign the test cases in each test suite to testers for execution.
- Execute tests, report bugs, and capture test status continuously.
- Resolve blocking issues as they arise.
- Report status, adjust assignments, and reconsider plans and priorities daily.
- Report test cycle findings and status.